Three hours wasted…

Today I have been working at a customer’s house trying to find a problem with his intruder alarm. A wireless fault with some Texecom Ricochet devices. An intermittent “wireless signal jamming” error.

After three hours and much hair tearing out I finally realised what it was!

The customer had some old wireless fobs for the system. The batteries had gone flat so he’d just put them on a shelf. As the batteries had finally got to the point of total failure one of the fobs had begun transmitting constantly on the same frequency as the Ricochet hub.

We moved the fobs well out of the way and the fault immediately disappeared, only to return when we put them back.

Three. Whole. Hours.

At least now next week I can continue where I left off.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.