First rehearsal in over a year!

We finally got Jamulus working and after showering (bike ride left me covered in mud!) I set up the PC and prepared for a rehearsal with the new project band (name to be decided).

I can’t believe how well it went! Apart from the lag, which to be honest you do adjust to, it was a really beneficial songwriting session. I finally got to contribute some ideas into the project including both rhythmic and chord progressions and we’ve pretty much structured the final piece at last.

I’ve already changed a couple of previously written pieces too (including adding a rather Sowetto feel to one of the songs – I do love the African and Caribbean rhythms). For Sowetto think Gracelands.

We recorded the session using the only inbuilt recording technology too!

We reconvene next week… Who knows what will happen then!

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.