I love wearing my leather suit! Yeah it’s kinky as fuck, but it’s so me!
My leather suit this time. Gotta say I think I look good in this!
Years ago I used to carry a bag with me containing laptops, battery bricks, cables, in fact loads of stuff! They weighed a tonne but it was what I needed. Nowadays, however, my “bag” is variable depending on what I intend to do. These are the items that go in my full size travel bag; but obviously I do change from day to day and sometimes by bag read pockets.
1. Top left – T-Core power brick. It’s a decent two charge brick with USB C support. I also have larger bricks for weekends but this one is a good daytrip one.
2. Galaxy Note 20 Ultra phone – the powerhouse of my setup. The reason I don’t carry a laptop everywhere.
3. Cheerdots “Cheerpod” (with it’s case and USB C cable) – A Kickstarter I backed for an air mouse/desk mouse combination. It turned out to be a great little device and it can replace both a presentation controller and a mouse; plus it’s a USB C charger.
4. Samsung Galaxy Buds Live (the beans) – I have very small ear canals and these fit great. I can wear them for a few hours without even realising I’ve got them in. Plus because they’re not “in the ear canal” I don’t get the perpetual ear infections I get with regular in ears.
5. Andoer LED video light – a multi function full RGB video light and emergency battery bank. Great for the never ending live streams and video chats we have these days. Superb for throwing effects onto photos and multi directional lighting.
It has a 4500 mAh battery bank built in which is a great saviour too.
Finally, the thing I get asked most about is the keyboard.
6. LG Rolly 2 – a roll up keyboard. Of the portable keyboards I own this one is the best to type on. It’s great on a flat surface. The length of it can be a bit off-putting as it is about a foot long rolled up, but it fits inside my coat pocket and I don’t notice it’s there.
It even fits in a jeans pocket… Sort of. But you might not want to sit down. These are some of my looser fit leather jeans and the pockets are quite big. I dread to try this with my slim fit latest pair.
So that’s the contents of my bag. Tiny isn’t it! I often keep it in a retro Gameboy Advance case although the keyboard is the issue here – I do a have different folding keyboard that fits in there but I’ve never found one as nice to type on.
Perhaps in a few years it will change again, but for now it’s been stable for quite a long time.
Apparently I’m “weird” because I enjoy wearing shiny clothes and I sometimes go to fetish clubs. This was the opinion of someone who I would describe as “dull and uninteresting”.
I’m not going to make out that what I enjoy is in any way normal to most people, but FFS we are all different and we all have different things we enjoy which someone else will think it’s a bit strange.
Don’t knock the train spotters when you see them stood on the end of Doncaster platform. It’s their little bit of weird. Live and let live!
A visit to friends today. I decided to finally take the plunge and wear my three piece leather suit for the first time out and in its entirety.
Although it’s an absolutely terrible film, this guy was the one who made me realise that three piece suits could be leather.
I saw him in it when he was in the audience at a celebrity comedy event – the host commented on it and he said it was costume from “Spice World – The Movie”.
Of course I admired him in it very much and decided that I would own such an item.
Well it took me a few years, but eventually I did “the look”.
I’m not quite sure who suits it better though?
I’m hardly the perfect advocate, but you know when you see those photos online of before and after? Well these are mine.
It’s just over 12 months since I began my lifestyle change from an unhealthy fat potato with plantar fascitis & knee pain to become what you see on the right.
It was the photo shoot for the covers band on the left which horrified me. I looked disgusting! I was enormous and in an ill fitting suit which at the time I actually thought looked quite good.
Now I can shop at normal shops, delve into the middle of the rack, and when I see something really unusual like the PVC suit from ASOS I can actually buy it off the peg.
It’s not a diet that did this; it’s a lifestyle change. Less food, more exercise. For me it’s about the high fat foods. I now have them as occasional treats and only then as a small portion.
This photo was the shoot taken with my folk band a few weeks ago. The transformation is unbelievable!